We can all agree that it is very convenient to buy bitcoin with a credit card. However sometimes when we consider buying cryptocurrencies with a credit card, a light skepticism enters the air. As crypto platforms evolve, making a credit card purchase is getting less complicated and more secure. The following sites are our top choices to buy bitcoin with your credit card in 2020:
Coinmama is a veteran among the crypto exchanges. In 2013, it became one of the first exchanges to accept credit cards for crypto purchases. However Coinmama charges a premium fee for its services. In addition, Coinmama doesn’t provide users with a wallet to store their cryptocurrencies. Therefore, you will need to enter a wallet address during checkout.
Steps to buy bitcoin using your credit card on Coinmama
- Create an account on the site. Enter personal details and upload a photo.
- After verification, choose the amount of crypto to buy and click on “buy”.
- Enter the wallet address. The cryptocurrency is transferred to this address.
- Enter the credit card details and click on pay now.
Binance is a crypto exchange founded in 2017. It offers brokerage services, trading services, and peer to peer exchange of cryptocurrencies. Currently, it is one of the leading exchanges that extends credit card payment options. For the credit card segment, it partners with Simplex, a fintech company. Its advanced security features like Two Factor Authentication make transactions secure.
Steps to buy bitcoin using your credit card on Binance
- Create an account on the Binance website.
- Click on “Buy Crypto” on the menu bar. Choose “Buy Crypto with Credit/Debit Card.”
- Select the local currency for the bank card you wish to use.
- Select Bitcoin as the cryptocurrency to buy.
- Select “Bank Card.”
- Click the “Buy” button to proceed to the next step.
- Enter your card details and click “Next” to proceed.
- Enter the billing address for your selected bank card.
- Click “confirm.”
Changelly has been in the crypto business for a while and has gained the trust of millions of customers worldwide. Its user-friendly interface and sleek design make it one of our favorite sites to buy bitcoin with your credit card. Fees are a little higher compared to some other exchanges but the user experience is exceptional. They also don’t hold your bitcoin for you so you will need to provide the site with your own wallet address for the delivery of your bitcoin.
Steps to buy bitcoin using your credit card on Changelly
- Go to changelly.com, select USD on the left and Bitcoin (BTC) on the right.
- Review the rate and the amount you will receive.
- Specify your Bitcoin (BTC) address.
- Confirm payment details and make payment.
- Click on “Pay with Visa/Mastercard”
- Enter your bank card data.
- Enter a valid phone number that is associated with your card.
- Wait for a phone call and you’ll hear a four-digit code to enter on the site.
- Open your online bank app and find a bank statement with a three-digit code to enter online.
- Within 5-30 minutes, you will receive your funds and a receipt.
eToro is not just an exchange to buy cryptocurrencies; it is also a digital platform for trading commodities, currencies, indexes, and stocks. To enable credit card purchases, eToro has partnered with a leading third-party payment provider named Simplex. The platform is user-friendly and offers competitive fees. Keep in mind that any bitcoin purchased will be locked up on the exchange for three days, After this period, you may transfer your bitcoin to your own wallet.
Steps to buy bitcoin using your credit card on eToro
- Click on the BUY CRYPTO section of your eToro Wallet.
- Select Bitcoin as the cryptocurrency you’d like to purchase.
- Type in the amount of bitcoin to buy.
- Enter your payment details into Simplex’s billing form.
- The bitcoin is transferred to your eToro wallet.
It is one of the top 10 crypto trading exchanges based on volume of trades. Bitstamp is famous for the advanced safety features it offers. It is well respected amongst the crypto community for credit card purchases. It offers a two-step authentication process and multi-sig wallet technology. Bitstamp is more suitable for users with large orders as the larger transactions are charged less fees.
Steps to buy bitcoin using your credit card on Bitstamp
- Create an account on Bitstamp.
- Click on deposit.
- Choose a credit card from the payment option and enter the card details.
- Deposit the required amount.
- Choose to buy BTC.
- Enter the amount and click on “Buy”.